Stony Brook downs Air Force 67-64
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP)—Bryan Dougher had 22 points and Muhammad El-Amin added 20 as Stony Brook University edged Air Force 67-64 Wednesday afternoon.
Matt Holland’s possible game-tying 3-point attempt at the buzzer hit the back of the rim as the Falcons fell to 9-4 and the Seawolves improved to 7-5.
The Falcons couldn’t overcome the Seawolves’ offensive rebounding and second-half 3-point shooting in a game that was a seesaw battle from start to finish.
Air Force used a 9-0 run early in the second half to take a 34-29 advantage, and led 44-42 with 8:22 remaining, but it would be the Falcons’ last lead of the game.
Anwar Johnson’s career-high 25 points were the most by an Air Force player this season, but weren’t enough for the Falcons, who begin conference play Jan. 3 at home against San Diego State. Evan Washington added 13 for Air Force, while Grant Parker had 12.
- No. 8 Marquette tops No. 25 Georgetown 94-82
- Motley 23 points for No. 11 Baylor to beat No. 10 WVU 71-62
- No. 17 Duke: Allen, Jefferson game-time decisions vs. FSU
- $750,000 bond set for Creighton's Watson in sex assault case
- UNC Greensboro clinches SoCon title with 72-66 win over ETSU
- Texas-Arlington beats Troy for share of Sun Belt title