Liddell leads Saint Louis past UMBC 81-60
ST. LOUIS (AP)—Tommie Liddell III had 19 points and six assists, helping Saint Louis beat Maryland-Baltimore County 81-60 for its sixth straight victory at home on Tuesday night.
Freshman Willie Reed added a career-high 18 points while hitting all seven shots for the Billikens (8-5), who are 7-1 at the new Chaifetz Arena with the lone loss in overtime to Kent State. Saint Louis shot 53 percent and had enough depth to win despite a poor game from leading scorer Kevin Lisch, who missed his first six shots and had 10 points.
Darryl Proctor had 29 points and seven rebounds for Maryland-Baltimore County (6-6), which shot 38 percent and failed to build on a two-point victory at Nebraska a week earlier. Proctor was 11-for-18, while the rest of the Retrievers were 10-for-37.
- Liddell leads Saint Louis past UMBC 81-60
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot