Sam Houston St. defeats NW Oklahoma 73-52
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Barkley Falkner scored 16 points and pulled down nine rebounds to lead Sam Houston State to a 73-52 victory over Northwestern Oklahoma on Tuesday night.
Corey Allmond added 13 points, nine of those on 3-pointers, for the Bearkats (6-6), who led the entire game.
Brandon Dixon came off the bench to lead the Rangers (6-6) with 10 points.
The Bearkats were 10-of-20 from 3-point range in the game and outscored Northwestern Oklahoma 15-6 on second-chance scoring opportunities.
Sam Houston State led 32-23 at halftime.
- Sam Houston St. defeats NW Oklahoma 73-52
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown