Troyer scores 23 in Pacific win
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP)—Senior guard Chad Troyer scored 14 of his 23 points in the second half to lead Pacific 70-51 past Sacramento State on Tuesday night.
Bryan LeDuc added 16 points, four rebounds, and three steals for the Pacific Tigers (7-2), who made 9 of 17 3-point shots. Troyer made four beyond the arc.
Loren Leath had 19 points, and Justin Eller and Randy Adams added 10 points each for the Sacramento State Hornets (1-12), who lost their seventh straight game.
There were four ties and three lead changes in the first half before Randy Adam’s basket put the Hornets up 25-23 at halftime.
The Tigers tied the game on their first basket in the second half and went on to build a 65-46 lead on a 3-point shot by Terrell Smith with 3:56 left to play. The Tigers managed to push their margin to 22 points at the 2:10 mark.
- Some guys will do anything to distract a free-throw shooter
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims
- Marist replaces Albany on Duke's basketball schedule
- Judge drops NCAA from lawsuit filed by ex-UNC athletes