Old Dominion defeats Winston-Salem 80-50
NORFOLK, Va. (AP)—Gerald Lee scored 18 points to lead Old Dominion in an 80-50 win against Winston-Salem State on Tuesday night.
Ben Finney added 13 points and Darius James had 11 for the Monarchs (8-3), who shot 49.1 percent from the field (28 of 57). James hit 3 of 5 shots from beyond the arc, while Finney went 2-for-3. Both Lee and James were perfect from the free-throw line, going 4-for-4 and 2-for-2, respectively.
Brian Fisher scored 15 points to lead the Rams (3-8), who shot just 25.4 percent (16 of 63).
After trailing 4-3 less than one minute into the game, the Monarchs went on a 17-0 run. Old Dominion outscored Winston-Salem State 40-25 in both halves.
- Old Dominion defeats Winston-Salem 80-50
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?