Jayhawks dominate Albany early in 79-43 win
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP)—Cole Aldrich had 20 points, Tyrel Reed added 12 and Kansas shot 56 percent in a 79-43 rout of Albany, N.Y., on Tuesday night.
Kansas (9-3) was coming off a difficult loss, an 84-67 setback at Arizona in its first true road game of the season. The Jayhawks took a week off and didn’t have any trouble with Albany (8-5), dominating both ends for their 31st straight win at Allen Fieldhouse.
Kansas took control with an early 11-0 run and built the lead to 21 points in the first half, maintaining it by hitting 9-of-19 from 3-point range overall.
Albany had all kinds of trouble with Kansas’ pressure defense, forced to take deep 3-pointers or offbalance shots late in the shot clock. The Great Danes shot 8-of-33 in the first half to trail 40-19 at halftime and shot 30 percent overall, missing all 15 of their 3-point attempts.
Anthony Raffa led Albany with 11 points.
- A Morehead State T-shirt every Kentucky fan should own
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case