Jacksonville State rolls past Berry 98-49
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP)—John Barnes scored 16 points to lead five Jacksonville State players in double figures in a 98-49 victory over Berry College on Tuesday night.
The Gamecocks (7-3) shot 59 percent from the field (39 of 61) and outrebounded the Vikings 42-23.
The Gamecocks led 19-18 with 6:32 to play in the first half before going on a 24-5 run for a 43-23 halftime advantage. Jacksonville State then scored the first 10 points of the second half.
The Gamecocks led by as many as 53 points in the final minutes.
Nick Murphy and Jonathan Toles scored 15 points each for Jacksonville State. Geddes Robinson had 13 points and eight rebounds and Brandon Crawford added 12 points.
Lee Trebotich led Berry (8-5), a NAIA school playing the game as an exhibition, with nine points.
- Jamaal Franklin’s buzzer beater bails out San Diego State
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game