Jacksonville State rolls past Berry 98-49
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP)—John Barnes scored 16 points to lead five Jacksonville State players in double figures in a 98-49 victory over Berry College on Tuesday night.
The Gamecocks (7-3) shot 59 percent from the field (39 of 61) and outrebounded the Vikings 42-23.
The Gamecocks led 19-18 with 6:32 to play in the first half before going on a 24-5 run for a 43-23 halftime advantage. Jacksonville State then scored the first 10 points of the second half.
The Gamecocks led by as many as 53 points in the final minutes.
Nick Murphy and Jonathan Toles scored 15 points each for Jacksonville State. Geddes Robinson had 13 points and eight rebounds and Brandon Crawford added 12 points.
Lee Trebotich led Berry (8-5), a NAIA school playing the game as an exhibition, with nine points.
- Jacksonville State rolls past Berry 98-49
- Talented Kentucky begins another year with high expectations
- LSU moves on from Simmons era seeking balance, chemistry
- Fox likes high expectations for Georgia team led by Frazier
- The Latest: Pastner expects tough 1st season at Georgia Tech
- ACC looks to keep strong 2-year NCAA run going in 2017