N. Arizona 79, N. Colorado 81
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Devon Beitzel scored 32 points to lead Northern Colorado to an 81-79 victory over Northern Arizona on Monday night.
Beitzel was one of four Bears to score in double figures. The others were Will Figures with 16 points and five rebounds, Jabril Banks with 13 points and six rebounds, and Neal Kingman with 10 points and four rebounds.
John Pena recorded a game-high seven assists for Northern Colorado (5-8, 1-0 Big Sky Conference), which overcame a 42-32 halftime deficit to win the game.
Cameron Jones led the Lumberjacks (3-8, 0-1) with 25 points and five rebounds. He was followed by Zarko Comagic and Shane Johannsen with 15 points each, and Matt Johnson with 13 points and four assists.
Comagic also tallied five rebounds and two assists, while Johnson had three rebounds for Northern Arizona. Johannsen recorded four rebounds before fouling out.
- A preliminary look at Maryland’s new state flag basketball jerseys
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals