N. Arizona 79, N. Colorado 81
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Devon Beitzel scored 32 points to lead Northern Colorado to an 81-79 victory over Northern Arizona on Monday night.
Beitzel was one of four Bears to score in double figures. The others were Will Figures with 16 points and five rebounds, Jabril Banks with 13 points and six rebounds, and Neal Kingman with 10 points and four rebounds.
John Pena recorded a game-high seven assists for Northern Colorado (5-8, 1-0 Big Sky Conference), which overcame a 42-32 halftime deficit to win the game.
Cameron Jones led the Lumberjacks (3-8, 0-1) with 25 points and five rebounds. He was followed by Zarko Comagic and Shane Johannsen with 15 points each, and Matt Johnson with 13 points and four assists.
Comagic also tallied five rebounds and two assists, while Johnson had three rebounds for Northern Arizona. Johannsen recorded four rebounds before fouling out.
- N. Arizona 79, N. Colorado 81
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook