Texas-Arlington beats North Texas 80-75
DENTON, Texas (AP)—Anthony Vereen scored 19 points and Tommy Moffitt had 17 to lead Texas-Arlington past North Texas 80-75 Monday night.
Vereen was 8-of-11 from the field for Texas-Arlington (5-6). Brandon Long scored 16, Marquez Haynes had 14 and Roge’r Guignard added 10 points.
Collin Dennis led North Texas (8-4) with 21 points. Josh White had 16 and Eric Tramiel added 10. George Odufuwa had 10 rebounds.
North Texas trailed 70-59 with four minutes left but used an 11-3 run to take a 73-70 lead on a 3-pointer by White. The Mavericks went up 77-73 and White cut the margin again to 77-75. North Texas had a chance to tie the game with seven seconds left, but Dominique Johnson’s shot came up short. Texas-Arlington then hit two free throws for the final margin.
North Texas led 40-36 at the half.
- Texas-Arlington beats North Texas 80-75
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four