Bryant 44, Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 68
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Jean Cajou scored 16 points to help Mount St. Mary’s beat Bryant University 68-44 and snap a six-game losing streak on Monday night.
Cajou added three assists and three steals, while Shawn Atupem scored 12 points off the bench and Kelly Beidler had his fourth double-double of the season with 10 points and 11 boards for the Mountaineers (4-8).
Bryant (1-11), in its first year of a four-year transition into Division I, lost its ninth in a row. The Bulldogs were led by Nick Pontes with 12 points. Bryant scoring leader Cecil Gresham was limited to eight, half his season average.
Mount St. Mary’s used a 12-0 run midway through the first half to turn a one-point advantage into a 24-11 lead with Cajou converting on a 3-point play to start the spurt and swishing a 3-pointer to cap it.
Bryant never got closer than 17 in the second half.
- Bryant 44, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 68
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0