Kentucky rolls past Central Michigan 84-52
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP)—Kentucky looks ready for its annual showdown with archrival Louisville.
Jodie Meeks scored 23 points and Patrick Patterson added 15 points and nine rebounds as the Wildcats rolled by Central Michigan 84-52 on Monday for their sixth straight win to setup a showdown with the No. 18 Cardinals on Sunday.
Freshman walk-on Landon Slone starred off the bench for the second straight game, scoring eight points to bring the Wildcats (11-3) to life after a dismal start.
Slone’s energy sparked a 36-8 surge to end the first half as Kentucky held the Chippewas (3-9) without a field goal for more than 10 minutes.
Jacolby Hardiman led Central Michigan with 12 points and Marcus Van added 11 points and eight boards but the Chippewas had no answers when the Wildcats turned up the pressure.
- Kentucky rolls past Central Michigan 84-52
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0