Furman beats Berry 68-64
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP)—Jordan Miller scored 16 points to lead Furman to a 68-64 victory over Berry College on Monday night.
Justin Dehm and Noah States added 14 points apiece for the Paladins (2-8). The win, which was Furman’s first since their season opener, snapped an eight-game losing streak.
Chris Clark paced the Vikings (8-5) with 16 points on 5-of-8 shooting. Daniel Ferguson chipped in with 14.
Berry held a 35-26 lead at halftime, and led by as many as 15 in the second half. Furman responded with a 19-3 run to take a 56-51 lead with 7:53 remaining. The Paladins never trailed again.
Furman shot 34 percent from the field (17-for-50) and 73.2 percent from the free-throw line (30-for-41).
Berry shot 50 percent from the field (22-for-44).
- Coppin St. 56, Bethune-Cookman 44
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul