Chicago State defeats Campbell 98-89
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—David Holston had a season-high 40 points and Chicago State defeated Campbell 98-89 on Monday.
Holston, the nation’s second leading scorer heading into the contest, broke the 30-point mark for the seventh time this season. Chicago State (7-6) won its fourth consecutive game, never trailing in the second half.
Holston added 10 assists, but also had 10 turnovers in 30 minutes for the Cougars in the opening game of the UCF Holiday Classic.
Campbell (3-7) was led by Jonathan Rodriguez with 22 points and six rebounds. Both teams had 25 turnovers apiece.
Holston hit 12 of 22 from the field, including 8 of 16 from 3-point range.
John Cantrell had 19 points and Carl Montgomery scored 15 for Chicago State, which shot 56 percent (32 of 57) from the field.
- Bill Self says report he sabotaged Josh Selby is ‘absolute crap’
- No. 5 UCLA dominates offensive boards to edge No. 4 Arizona
- Brown leads Miami past No. 10 Duke, 55-50
- Paschall, Jenkins lead No. 2 Villanova past No. 23 Creighton
- Wagner leads Michigan over No. 14 Purdue 82-70
- Kansas clinches 13th straight Big 12 title outright