Williams leads Brown over Quinnipiac, 89-73
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Adrian Williams scored a career-high 29 points to lead Brown to an 89-73 win over Quinnipiac on Monday.
Williams, the son of former Washington Redskins quarterback and Super Bowl MVP Doug Williams, made seven of eight 3-point shots to surpassed his previous career high of 19 points.
Matt Mullery scored 22 points and Peter Sullivan added 21 as the Bears (5-6) handed the Bobcats (6-5) their first road loss in five games.
James Feldeine led Quinnipiac with a career-high 31 points. Justin Rutty added 22.
Brown shot 82.4 percent (14-for-17) from 3-point range and scored 25 points off 16 Quinnipiac turnovers.
Williams and Sullivan made 3-pointers to open the second half and give Brown its biggest lead at 53-29.
The Bobcats pulled to 75-66 with 3:13 left, but Brown countered with a 10-0 run that clinched the victory.
- High Point 69, N.C.-Asheville 83
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60