Boise State beats Eastern Washington 57-48
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—Mark Sanchez scored 14 points and pulled down 13 rebounds to lead Boise State in a 57-48 victory over Eastern Washington on Monday night.
Sophomore Paul Noonan added 14 points for Boise State (9-3) of the Western Athletic Conference.
Eastern Washington (7-6, 1-0 Big Sky) was led by guard Benny Valentine with 13 points and center Brandon Moore with 12.
The Broncos took control of the game in the first half, holding the Eagles scoreless for more than 8 minutes and building a 23-11 lead with 10 minutes left. BSU led at halftime 32-22.
Both teams struggled with shooting.
Eastern Washington hit 31 percent from the field, including just four of 17 3-pointers, and only 6 of 14 from the free-throw line. The Eagles committed 15 turnovers.
Boise State hit 42 percent from the field, but only 2 of 11 on 3-pointers, and turned the ball over 14 times.
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- No. 11 Kentucky rallies past No. 13 Florida 76-66
- No. 8 North Carolina keeps rolling, tops Pitt 85-67
- Iowa State upends No. 9 Baylor 72-69
- Bohannon scores 24 to help Iowa beat No. 24 Maryland 83-69
- No. 6 Oregon wins another nail-biter, 75-73 over Stanford