Boise State beats Eastern Washington 57-48
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—Mark Sanchez scored 14 points and pulled down 13 rebounds to lead Boise State in a 57-48 victory over Eastern Washington on Monday night.
Sophomore Paul Noonan added 14 points for Boise State (9-3) of the Western Athletic Conference.
Eastern Washington (7-6, 1-0 Big Sky) was led by guard Benny Valentine with 13 points and center Brandon Moore with 12.
The Broncos took control of the game in the first half, holding the Eagles scoreless for more than 8 minutes and building a 23-11 lead with 10 minutes left. BSU led at halftime 32-22.
Both teams struggled with shooting.
Eastern Washington hit 31 percent from the field, including just four of 17 3-pointers, and only 6 of 14 from the free-throw line. The Eagles committed 15 turnovers.
Boise State hit 42 percent from the field, but only 2 of 11 on 3-pointers, and turned the ball over 14 times.
- Leonardo DiCaprio and his many college caps
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges