Auburn beats Alabama A&M 82-40
AUBURN, Ala. (AP)—Tay Waller scored 14 points in 22 minutes to lead Auburn to an 82-40 rout over Alabama A&M on Monday night.
Korvotney Barber finished with 11 points and eight rebounds for the Tigers (8-4). Frankie Sullivan added 12 points and six rebounds off the bench.
Auburn senior Quantez Robertson chipped in with eight points, six rebounds and six assists. He became the fifth all-time assist leader in school history with 467 for his career.
Auburn jumped out to an 18-6 lead early in the first half and never looked back. Waller had 12 first half points—all on 3-pointers—and the Tigers took a 46-28 halftime lead.
Auburn was 0-for-4 from 3-point range in the second half, but the Bulldogs shot just 3-for-23 from the field in the final 20 minutes.
The Bulldogs (2-6) were led by Trant Simpson, who scored 15 points.
- The 10 best NCAA basketball players of the decade
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul