Wagner 68, N.J. Tech 58
NEWARK, N.J. (AP)—Jamal Smith scored 19 points to lead Wagner to a 68-58 win over the New Jersey Institute of Technology on Sunday, sending the Highlanders’ to their 45th consecutive loss.
Llewchean Radford finished with 13 points and six rebounds for the Seahawks (7-3), while Michael Orock and Joey Mundweiler scored 10 points each. Jheryl Wilson came off the bench to score 16 points for NJIT (0-12), while Paulius Skema and Isaiah Wilkerson each scored 11 points and Gary Garris added 10.
Wagner was in command for most of the first half and lead 34-22 at the break. The Highlanders, though, rallied in the second half and took a 47-46 lead on Skema’s free throw with 9:13 left to play.
After both teams missed shots, Orock hit a layup to give Wagner the lead for good, and the Seahawks closed the game with a 22-11 run.
NJIT has not won since it defeated Longwood on February 19, 2007.
- Temple-La Salle Preview
- UT Arlington beats Top 25 team first time in program history
- FSU scores most under Hamilton in 118-63 rout of Nicholls
- Rising Bears: Baylor unranked to No. 4 in less than month
- White leads Colorado to 68-66 win over No. 13 Xavier
- No. 6 Kentucky regroups with 87-63 rout of Valparaiso
- No. 22 Temple beats La Salle 80-79 in OT
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
- Watson scores season-high 25, No. 10 Creighton beats Huskers