Texas A&M defeats Sam Houston 60-50
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP)—Chinemelu Elonu scored 11 points and had 11 rebounds to help Texas A&M win its seventh straight Sunday night with a 60-50 victory over Sam Houston State.
B.J. Holmes came off the bench to add 11 points and Bryan Davis scored 10 and had three blocked shots for the Aggies (11-1).
Ashton Mitchell scored 16 points to lead Sam Houston State (5-6). DeLuis Ramirez added 10.
Texas A&M led throughout the game.
The Aggies shot 41 percent from the field while Sam Houston State shot 33 percent.
- Three teams who will benefit from unbalanced league schedules
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four