Tenn.-Martin defeats Fordham 82-70
MIAMI (AP)—Lester Hudson scored a season-high 31 points to lead Tennessee-Martin past Fordham 82-70 to win the FIU Holiday Tournament.
Marquis Weddle added 12 points and Delrico Lane had 10 points and 10 rebounds for Tennessee-Martin (6-5), which has won four straight.
Hudson was 9-of-15 from the floor and hit all 13 of his free throws. He also had seven rebounds and six assists.
Fordham (2-8) was led by Jio Fontan, who scored 17 points. Mike Moore added 16.
Tennessee-Martin used a 13-1 run in the first half to spark a 44-30 lead at halftime and led by as many as 18 points.
The Skyhawks shot 50 percent (28 of 56) from the floor compared to 36.1 percent for the Rams (22 of 61).
Tennessee-Martin defeated Florida International 77-76 on Saturday in the opener of the three-team event.
Fordham will face FIU on Monday in the tournament’s final game.
- Why does Bob Huggins wear a sweatsuit?
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons