Indiana State beats Northern Iowa in 2 OTs
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP)—Harry Marshall scored 23 points to lead Indiana State over Northern Iowa in a 85-84 double overtime win on Sunday.
The Sycamores (3-9, 1-0 Missouri Valley) took a 41-24 lead at halftime, but Northern Iowa came back and tied it up at the end of regulation.
Both teams scored eight points in the first overtime to force another overtime and Indiana State outscored the Panthers 12-11 in the second extra period for the win.
Aaron Carter scored 16 for Indiana State and Carl Richard added 15.
Northern Iowa (6-6, 0-1) was led by Kwadzo Ahelegbe, who scored 28 points. Ali Farokhmanesh added 20 for the Panthers.
- Indiana State beats Northern Iowa in 2 OTs
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel