Richmond 76, N.C.-Wilmington 69
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP)—Kevin Anderson scored 16 points and hit four free throws down the stretch in Richmond’s 76-69 win over North Carolina-Wilmington on Sunday night.
The Spiders (7-5) led 44-27 at halftime, and by as many as 22 points with 15:05 to play before UNC Wilmington brought the score to within as close as one.
With Richmond leading 58-38 with 11:54 left, the Seahawks (3-10) went on a 22-6 run which spanned 6:54 and was sparked by 12 points from Jerel Stephenson.
UNC Wilmington then brought the score to 70-69 with 24 seconds left on a Johnny Wolf 3-pointer, but the Spiders hit six straight free throws, including four by Anderson to seal the win.
Jarhon Giddings and David Gonzalvez added 16 and 12 points, respectively, for the Spiders.
Stephenson led the Seahawks with 22 points and seven rebounds.
- Richmond 76, N.C.-Wilmington 69
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game