Liberty routs Cincinnati Christian 86-55
LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP)—Seth Curry scored 21 points, and was one of five Liberty players in double figures in an 86-55 rout of Cincinnati Christian on Sunday.
Brolin Floyd added 14 points while Tyler Baker, Jesse Sanders and Anthony Smith scored 10 apiece for the Flames (10-4). Floyd also added nine rebounds, four assists and two blocks. Curry was 5 of 9 from beyond the arc.
Jake Santel scored 15 points to lead the Eagles (7-5), who counted the game as an exhibition. Nathanael Harney also added 11 points.
The Flames shot 50.7 percent from the field (34 of 67) in the game compared to a 35.7 percent mark (20 of 56) for the Eagles.
Liberty jumped out of the gates with an 11-3 run, extended that lead to 23-8 on a Sanders tip-in midway through the first and led 46-22 at the break.
The Flames scored 44 points in the paint and tallied 12 steals in the win.
- Liberty routs Cincinnati Christian 86-55
- Maryland reserve Cekovsky to miss rest of season with injury
- SEC features several teams sitting on NCAA Tournament bubble
- No. 11 Wisconsin beats No. 23 Maryland 71-60 in Big 10 tilt
- Foster's 35 points leads No. 20 Creighton in win over Hoyas
- Murphy, Minnesota outlast Michigan, 83-78