Coastal Carolina defeats East Carolina 63-55
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP)—Mario Sisinni scored 15 points, including 13 in the second half, and Coastal Carolina defeated East Carolina 63-55 on Sunday.
The Chanticleers (5-7) took a 31-17 lead at halftime as East Carolina shot 23.8 percent (5 of 21) from the floor and connected on just 2 of 11 3-pointers in the first half.
Sisinni hit a jump shot with 16:24 left in the first half to break a 4-4 tie, and East Carolina wouldn’t get closer than three points the rest of the way.
Coastal Carolina hit 15 of 12 free throws, going 8 of 10 in the final 1:22, to give coach Cliff Ellis his 630th win. Sisinni was 8-for-8 from the free-throw line.
Joseph Harris scored 11 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for Coastal Carolina and Anthony Breeze had 11 rebounds.
Brock Young led East Carolina with 16 points and eight rebounds.
- Coastal Carolina defeats East Carolina 63-55
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four