Bradley beats S. Illinois 79-63
PEORIA, Ill. (AP)—Sam Maniscalco scored a career-high 18 points and Theron Wilson added 17 to lead Bradley to a 79-63 victory over Southern Illinois on Sunday in the Missouri Valley Conference opener for both teams.
The Braves (7-5, 1-0 MVC) shot 55 percent from the field, including a 7-for-13 effort from 3-point range and 28-of-32 free throws. The Salukis (5-7, 0-1), meanwhile, were held to just 33.3 percent from the floor.
The Salukis were up 27-26 with five minutes left in the first half, but the Braves rallied for a 15-3 run to take a 41-30 lead into the break.
Kevin Dillard came off the bench to score a game-high 21 points for the Salukis, going 5-of-7 from 3-point range. Southern Illinois’ bench outscored its starters, 36-27.
Bryan Mullins was the only other Saluki in double digits with 11 points and six assists.
- Bradley beats S. Illinois 79-63
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0