Bowling Green defeats E. Illinois, 78-60
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Chris Knight scored 16 points off the bench to lead Bowling Green State University to a 78-60 win over Eastern Illinois on Sunday at Anderson Arena.
Bowling Green (6-5) never trailed in the game and built up a 42-24 lead by halftime.
The Falcons held Eastern Illinois’ leading scorer, Romain Martin, to just five points. Martin entered the game averaging more than 17 points a game.
Knight recorded his first double-double of the season and made 8-of-9 free throws. Joe Jakubowski had 13 points and five assists and Brian Moten added 12 points for the Falcons.
Nate Miller added nine points and six rebounds, while Erik Marschall had nine points and seven rebounds.
Eastern Illinois (3-8) shot 36 percent from the field and were outrebounded 45-32.
T.J. Marion scored 14 points and Tyler Laser had 11 for the Panthers.
- Oklahoma State upends Texas Tech 80-63
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims