Hofstra scores last 6 points to beat New Hampshire
DURHAM, N.H. (AP)—Greg Washington hit a go-ahead jumper with 2:31 left and Hofstra scored the final six points to beat New Hampshire 62-57 on Saturday.
Washington’s shot gave the Pride (8-3) a 58-57 lead. Cornelius Vines made two free throws and Washington closed the scoring with a pair of foul shots.
Washington finished with 13 points and seven rebounds. Charles Jenkins scored 12 for Hofstra, which jumped out to a 17-1 lead before New Hampshire (3-7) went on a 15-1 run to get back in the game.
Rony Tchatchoua matched his career high with 17 points to lead New Hampshire. Dane DiLiegro added 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Tyrone Conley gave New Hampshire its final lead with two free throws, but missed a 3-pointer with 15 seconds left when his team trailed 60-57.
The Pride led 30-24 at halftime.
- Shumpert leads Ga Tech past Boston College 73-68
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60