Holy Cross beats San Francisco 97-88
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—Devin Brown scored 19 of his 22 points in the second half and Holy Cross rallied from a 13-point deficit with 9:09 left in the game to beat San Francisco on Saturday.
R.J. Evans led Holy Cross with 26 points and 10 rebounds. Colin Cunningham added 26 points.
Dior Lowhorn had 27 points and six rebounds for San Francisco. Manny Quezada added 26 points and six assists.
Lowhorn and Quezada combined for 27 points in the first half to help San Francisco (7-6) take a 48-40 lead at the intermission.
Cunningham helped Holy Cross (4-8) tie the game with a 3-pointer, 78-78, with 4:56 remaining. Brown was then fouled attempting his own 3-pointer, and he converted all three free throws for an 81-78 lead.
Holy Cross then pulled away and led by as many as eight (91-83) with 1:02 left.
- Illinois and Oakland played seven minutes using a women's ball
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims
- Marist replaces Albany on Duke's basketball schedule
- Judge drops NCAA from lawsuit filed by ex-UNC athletes
- Memphis gains size, adds Baylor graduate transfer Rykhoek