Bragg’s shot lifts CS Bakersfield past Cal Poly
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP)—Donavan Bragg sank a running jumper with two seconds left and Cal State Bakersfield edged Cal Poly 66-64 Tuesday.
The shot capped a flurry of clutch plays on both sides in the final minute, including a 3-pointer by Cal Poly’s Trae Clark that tied the game at 64-64.
Trent Blakley led Bakersfield (4-9) with 17 points, while Alex Johnson and Bryan Emanuel added 10 points apiece.
Titus Shelton had 18 points and nine rebounds for Cal Poly (3-6).
Cal Poly led 32-29 at halftime in a half that featured nine lead changes and four ties.
The teams remained close for the entire second half, and Bakersfield fell behind 61-59 after Shelton hit a short jumper with 53 seconds left.
Half a minute later Emanuel answered with a 3, drew an offensive foul on Cal Poly’s next possession, and Bragg hit two free throws to give Bakersfield a 64-61 lead.
- Bragg's shot lifts CS Bakersfield past Cal Poly
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four