Bragg’s shot lifts CS Bakersfield past Cal Poly
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP)—Donavan Bragg sank a running jumper with two seconds left and Cal State Bakersfield edged Cal Poly 66-64 Tuesday.
The shot capped a flurry of clutch plays on both sides in the final minute, including a 3-pointer by Cal Poly’s Trae Clark that tied the game at 64-64.
Trent Blakley led Bakersfield (4-9) with 17 points, while Alex Johnson and Bryan Emanuel added 10 points apiece.
Titus Shelton had 18 points and nine rebounds for Cal Poly (3-6).
Cal Poly led 32-29 at halftime in a half that featured nine lead changes and four ties.
The teams remained close for the entire second half, and Bakersfield fell behind 61-59 after Shelton hit a short jumper with 53 seconds left.
Half a minute later Emanuel answered with a 3, drew an offensive foul on Cal Poly’s next possession, and Bragg hit two free throws to give Bakersfield a 64-61 lead.
- By 2012, cream cheese may no longer be an NCAA violation
- Former Michigan State star Appling arrested in Detroit
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team