Ill.-Chicago never behind in 65-55 win over Toledo
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Spencer Stewart scored 15 and Scott VanderMeer had 12 points and 12 rebounds to lead Illinois-Chicago to a 65-55 victory over Toledo on Tuesday night.
The Flames (8-3) pulled to a 17 point lead with 1:31 left in the first half and went into the break ahead 36-21.
It was the fourth loss in a row for the Rockets (2-9), who never had the lead. They were led by Justin Anyijong’s 13 points. Tyrone Kent and Jonathan Amos added 12 apiece.
Tori Boyd came off the bench to score 11 points for Illinois-Chicago.
Toledo outscored the Flames 22-8 off turnovers, but Illinois-Chicago had a 17-7 advantage in second-chance points and a 34-24 advantage in the paint.
Overall, the Flames shot 26-of-61 from the field for 42.6 percent and the Rockets shot 23-of 60 for 38.3 percent.
- Pepperdine guard Keion Bell dunks over seven people
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case