South Carolina tops Presbyterian 75-56
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP)—Dominique Archie and Mike Holmes set season highs with 19 points apiece to lead South Carolina to a 75-56 win over Presbyterian on Tuesday night.
The win was the ninth double-digit victory of the season for the Gamecocks (9-1).
Archie scored 17 points in the first half as South Carolina built a 35-18 lead. He made his first eight field goals and finished 8-of-9 from the field to just miss tying his career-high of 21 points, set against Vanderbilt on Feb. 28, 2007. Archie also had nine rebounds.
Leading 14-11, the Gamecocks went on a 13-0 run highlighted by back-to-back 3-pointers from Archie and Holmes. During that stretch, the Blue Hose missed nine straight shots after making 5 of 12 to start the game.
Devan Downey had 13 points and Zam Fredrick added 10.
Al’Lonzo Coleman and Josh Johnson led Presbyterian (5-7) with 13 points apiece.
- South Carolina tops Presbyterian 75-56
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?