N.J. Tech 52, Rutgers 78
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP)—Mike Rosario made five 3-pointers and had a game-high 24 points as Rutgers won its fourth straight, 78-52 over winless New Jersey Institute of Technology on Tuesday night.
NJIT scored the first five points and the last three points of the first half, but it was all Rutgers in between. Rutgers answered the 5-0 deficit with the next nine points and never trailed again.
NJIT stayed as close as 27-20 with 6:42 left, but the Scarlet Knights’ freshman tandem of Rosario and forward Gregory Echenique combined for 15 points in a 17-0 Rutgers run over the next four minutes.
Hamady Ndiaye blocked seven shots for the Scarlet Knights, who never let the lead get under 23 points in the second half. Echenique had 12 points and Anthony Farmer had 11 points off the bench.
Isaiah Wilkerson had 12 points and Gary Garris had 11 for the Highlanders, who fell to 0-11 with their 44th straight loss.
- Moss leads Buffalo in 88-62 victory over Niagara
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending