Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 59, La Salle 65
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Rodney Green scored 17 points and sparked a late rally as La Salle defeated Mount St. Mary’s, Md., 65-59 on Tuesday night.
Kimmani Barrett added 15 points for La Salle (6-5), while Kelly Beidler, Jean Cajou and Jeremy Goode each had 11 points for the Mount (3-8), which lost its sixth straight.
A 3-point shot by Goode gave Mount St. Mary’s a 53-49 lead with 8:21 left in the game, but the Explorers then ran off 11 straight points, six by Green, to take a 60-53 advantage.
The Mount closed to 63-57, but La Salle’s Vernon Goodridge hit a 12-foot jumper with 1:44 remaining to end the threat.
The teams battled evenly throughout most of the first half until the Mount went on an 11-2 run capped by a 3-point play by Goode for a 32-26 lead at the break.
The Explorers made only 11 of 38 shots in the half, with all of their field goals either layups or follow shots.
- Mississippi-Kentucky Preview
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- No. 1 Kentucky beats Mississippi 77-62
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home