Beitzel leads N.Colorado over Southern 76-68
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Devon Beitzel scored a game-high 24 points to lead Northern Colorado over Southern 76-68 on Tuesday in the seventh-place game of the Las Vegas Classic.
Beitzel was 15-of-16 from the free-throw line.
Jabril Banks added 14 points and six rebounds for the Bears (4-8). Teammate Neal Kingman had 12 points and six rebounds, while Will Figures added 11 points.
The Bears, who never trailed, used a 13-0 early first-half run and led 39-24 at intermission. Southern got no closer than eight points in the second half.
Chris Davis led the Jaguars (0-12) with 15 points and seven rebounds. Earnest Jones added 12 points and five rebounds. Jones was 5-of-5 from the field.
- Beitzel leads N.Colorado over Southern 76-68
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel