Creighton beats DePaul 83-75
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Booker Woodfox scored 26 points to lead Creighton over DePaul 83-75 in the championship game of the Las Vegas Classic on Tuesday night.
Woodfox, who was selected the tournament MVP, went 5-of-9 from 3-point range for the Bluejays (10-2), who have won seven straight.
Sophomore forward Dar Tucker led DePaul (7-5) with a career-high 32 points. Tucker was 12-of-22 from the field and grabbed six rebounds. Sophomore center Mac Koshwal had 13 points and a career-high 22 rebounds for the Blue Demons.
After the Bluejays led 62-48 with 11:21 left, the Blue Demons cut the lead to 75-73 with 2:20 remaining. But Woodfox’s basket with 1:01 to go and his two free throws with 29 seconds remaining gave Creighton a six-point lead.
Creighton was 18-of-19 from the free throw line, while DePaul was 13-of-24.
DePaul outrebounded Creighton 42-28 but had 18 turnovers.
- Roy Williams kicks out heckling fan at the Dean Dome
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare