Wright State beats Murray State 57-41
GUAYNABO, Puerto Rico (AP)—John David Gardner scored 14 points and Wright State used strong defense to beat Murray State 57-41 on Monday.
Wright State (6-7) held the Racers (6-5) to 27.7 percent shooting from the field (13 of 47 )and 0 of 15 from the 3-point line in the game.
The Raiders took an 11-2 lead to start the game, maintaining a lead no less than four points in the first half. Wright State went into halftime with a 25-18 advantage.
Cory Cooperwood’s layup put the Raiders ahead 43-31 with 8:18 remaining in the game. Wright State increased its margin to 14 points almost three minutes later on two free throws by Will Graham.
Todd Brown scored 10 points and grabbed eight rebounds for the Raiders. Gardner had six assists.
Danero Thomas was the only Murray State player to score in double figures with 13 points.
Wright State shot 50 percent from the field.
- Wright State beats Murray State 57-41
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four