Wichita State beats North Dakota 66-51
WICHITA, Kan. (AP)—Reggie Chamberlain scored all of his 11 points in the second half to help Wichita State beat North Dakota 66-51 Monday night.
The Shockers (6-5) also got 13 points and eight rebounds from Ramon Clemente and 11 points from A.J. Hawkins in a game that stayed close until the second half.
Daniel Harkins led North Dakota (6-5) with 16 points.
Wichita State led 21-16 at halftime and was up 25-23 three minutes into the second period. Chamberlain then hit two 3-pointers to ignite a 22-7 run over seven minutes that ended with the Shockers ahead 47-30.
Neither team scored a fast-break point in the game.
The Fighting Sioux tried a perimeter attack in the first half but hit just 5-of-21 field goals, including 2-of-14 from three-point range.
Wichita State missed all six of its 3-point attempts in the first half.
- Pitt beats St. John's 89-69 to end 5-game skid
- No. 11 Louisville runs away from Texas Southern 102-71
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60
- Short-handed Boilermakers crush Cleveland State, 77-53
- Bullock has 26 and 10 to lead Providence past UMass 75-69
- Kansas forward Bragg charged with misdemeanor battery