Wichita State beats North Dakota 66-51
WICHITA, Kan. (AP)—Reggie Chamberlain scored all of his 11 points in the second half to help Wichita State beat North Dakota 66-51 Monday night.
The Shockers (6-5) also got 13 points and eight rebounds from Ramon Clemente and 11 points from A.J. Hawkins in a game that stayed close until the second half.
Daniel Harkins led North Dakota (6-5) with 16 points.
Wichita State led 21-16 at halftime and was up 25-23 three minutes into the second period. Chamberlain then hit two 3-pointers to ignite a 22-7 run over seven minutes that ended with the Shockers ahead 47-30.
Neither team scored a fast-break point in the game.
The Fighting Sioux tried a perimeter attack in the first half but hit just 5-of-21 field goals, including 2-of-14 from three-point range.
Wichita State missed all six of its 3-point attempts in the first half.
- Wichita State beats North Dakota 66-51
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'