Wichita State beats North Dakota 66-51
WICHITA, Kan. (AP)—Reggie Chamberlain scored all of his 11 points in the second half to help Wichita State beat North Dakota 66-51 Monday night.
The Shockers (6-5) also got 13 points and eight rebounds from Ramon Clemente and 11 points from A.J. Hawkins in a game that stayed close until the second half.
Daniel Harkins led North Dakota (6-5) with 16 points.
Wichita State led 21-16 at halftime and was up 25-23 three minutes into the second period. Chamberlain then hit two 3-pointers to ignite a 22-7 run over seven minutes that ended with the Shockers ahead 47-30.
Neither team scored a fast-break point in the game.
The Fighting Sioux tried a perimeter attack in the first half but hit just 5-of-21 field goals, including 2-of-14 from three-point range.
Wichita State missed all six of its 3-point attempts in the first half.
- Wichita State beats North Dakota 66-51
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0