San Diego State beats Cal State Northridge 72-56
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Kyle Spain scored 22 points and San Diego State beat Cal State Northridge 72-56 Monday.
The Matadors (3-7) trailed by 10 points after halftime before the Aztecs went on a 12-3 run, capped by a 3 from Spain that extended the lead to 60-41 midway through the second half.
D.J. Gay added 20 points for San Diego State (9-3).
Deon Tresvant led Northridge with 18 points, and Josh Jenkins had 11 points.
Cal State Northridge trailed most of the game, holding its last lead at 20-18 with 6:20 left in the first half. It trailed 39-27 at halftime.
- San Diego State beats Cal State Northridge 72-56
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four