Providence beats Bryant 91-64
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Marshon Brooks scored 18 points off the bench and Geoff McDermott had a season-high 17 points as Providence beat Bryant 91-64 on Monday night.
Sharaud Curry added a season-high 16 points for Providence (8-4), who won by a season-best 27 points in their final non-conference tune-up.
Cecil Gresham had a game-high 24 points to lead Bryant (1-9), one of just two Bulldogs to reach double figures.
Chris Birrell added seven assists for Bryant, who dropped their seventh straight game.
Providence made just one of their first 10 three-pointers, but sunk nine of their next 16 to finish the game 39 percent from behind the arc. The Friars dominated the Bulldogs on the glass, 36 to 24, including 14 offensive rebounds.
- Why BYU has asked Jimmer Fredette to stop attending classes
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims