Manhattan beats LIU 65-61
NEW YORK (AP)—Chris Smith scored all 20 of his points in the second half, including five 3-pointers, and Manhattan defeated Long Island University 65-61 on Monday night.
Devon Austin added 12 points and Darryl Crawford had 10 for the Jaspers (7-3), who have won four of their last five games.
David Hicks scored 16 points and Jaytornah Wisseh added 14 for the visiting Blackbirds (4-6).
Manhattan finished 9-of-20 from 3-point range while LIU was 3-of-13.
Hicks’ basket capped a 10-2 run that gave the Blackbirds a 35-34 lead with 14:45 remaining.
Smith then scored eight points in a 10-0 run as Manhattan went ahead 44-40 with 11:40 to go.
There were six lead changes and three ties after that, with the game last tied at 58 on two free throws by Crawford with 4:03 left.
The Jaspers went ahead to stay at 60-58 on a layup by Smith with 3:47 to go.
- Are Southern Miss’ and Iowa’s logos too similar? A court says yes
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims