Mercer gets victory over Loyola Marymount 75-52
LOS ANGELES (AP)—E.J. Kusnyer connected on eight 3-pointers and scored 25 points to lead Mercer past winless Loyola Marymount 75-52 Monday night.
Mercer (7-5) led 34-22 at the half and took a commanding lead in the first six minutes of the second half with an 18-8 run. Kusnyer, who was 8-for-14 from 3-point range, capped the rally with a 25-foot 3.
LMU (0-13) mounted a mild comeback late in the second half, narrowing a 22-point Mercer lead to 11 with four minutes to play before the Bears made their finishing run.
Daniel Emerson led Mercer with 16 rebounds.
LaRon Armstead led Loyola Marymount with 20 points.
- Mercer gets victory over Loyola Marymount 75-52
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament