Long Beach State defeats Temple 76-71
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP)—Donovan Morris scored 23 points and T.J. Robinson scored a career-high 18 points to lead Long Beach State to a 76-71 victory over Temple on Monday.
Morris made five free throws in the final 1:20 to seal the win for the 49ers (5-6) and help snap Long Beach State’s five-game losing streak. Morris also had nine rebounds and five assists.
Trailing 71-61 with 1:09 to play, Temple’s Dionte Christmas and T.J. Dileo hit back to back 3-pointers to cut the 49ers’ lead to four. However, Stephan Gilling hit two free throws with 32 seconds left, and Morris did the rest from the line.
Gilling finished with 15 points for the 49ers. Christmas, after being shut out in the first half, scored 19 points.
Sergio Olmos scored 13 points and Lavoy Allen grabbed 11 rebounds for the Owls.
- Long Beach State defeats Temple 76-71
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?