Oakland beats EMU 66-53, paced by Kangas’s 25
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP)—Erik Kangas scored 25 points and Johnathon Jones added 15 Monday to lead Oakland to a 66-53 victory over slumping Eastern Michigan.
Kangas hit six 3-pointers for the third time this season for the Grizzlies (8-6), who have won seven of their last nine games.
Oakland led from start to finish, opening the game by scoring 10 of the first 15 points.
Brandon Bowdry and Justin Dobbins had 17 and 10 respectively for the Eagles (2-9), who have yet to beat an NCAA Division I team this season. Eastern Michigan is off to its worst start since opening the 2000-01 campaign with a 2-17 record.
- Oakland beats EMU 66-53, paced by Kangas's 25
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin