Chicago State beats Eastern Illinois 77-64
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—David Holston had a game-high 32 points, including 21 in the second half, to lead Chicago State to a 77-64 win over Eastern Illinois on Monday night.
John Cantrell added 18 points and Marquis Young scored 14 points for Chicago State (6-6), which trailed 32-31 at the half. Carl Montgomery had 11 rebounds.
Chicago State went on a 10-2 run to go up 48-39 with 12:16 left in the second half. Eastern Illinois (3-7) pulled to 49-44 with 9:38 left, but never got closer.
Holston went 4-of-7 from 3-point range in the second half. The Cougars improved to 52 percent shooting after the break from 39 percent in the first half.
Romain Martin scored 19 points for Eastern Illinois. Tyler Laser chipped in 12 points for the Panthers.
- Malcolm Lee’s unexpected departure leaves UCLA scrambling
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- Bond helps Temple top South Florida 77-65
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66