Vermont 84, Quinnipiac 79
HAMDEN, Conn. (AP)—Mike Trimboli scored 24 points on 7-for-7 shooting from the floor as Vermont defeated Quinnipiac 84-79 on Sunday.
Marqus Blakely and Maurice Joseph also contributed 16 and 15 points, respectively, for Vermont (6-3).
Quinnipiac trailed by 20 points with 7:18 remaining in regulation. A 14-2 run cut the deficit to eight by the 4:17 mark.
A pair of three-pointers by James Feldeine made it 82-79 with nine seconds left. But Joey Accaoui’s two free throws for Vermont with six seconds remaining put the game out of reach.
Feldeine scored 26 points and Justin Rutty added a double-double of 22 points and 10 rebounds for Quinnipiac (6-4).
Vermont outshot Quinnipiac from the floor, 50 percent to 48.4 percent, as well as 33.3 percent to 30 percent from three-point range.
The Bobcats outrebounded the Catamounts, 34-31, and made a season-high 16 steals.
- Vermont 84, Quinnipiac 79
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel