Wright State defeats South Florida 60-43
GUAYNABO, Puerto Rico (AP)—Todd Brown scored 15 points and Wright State defeated South Florida on Sunday.
South Florida shot 27.1 percent from the field (13 of 48), including a 0-for-12 performance from Dominique Jones.
Wright State (5-7) scored nine unanswered points to brake away from a 9-9 tie with 13:46 left in the first half. The Raiders led 18-9 with 4:05 left in the first half on a John David Gardner jump shot.
The Bulls (4-6) were 4-for-21 in the first half, and trailed 21-14 at halftime of the San Juan Shootout.
The Raiders opened the second half with eight unanswered points, taking a 29-14 lead on a Todd Brown jump shot with 12:46 Left to play.
Jesus Verdejo scored 26 points for the Bulls, who shot 44.4 percent from the free-throw line (12 of 27).
Gardner added 11 for Wright State and N’Gai Evans scored 11.
- Furman defeats poor-shooting Citadel 59-44
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network