Wright State defeats South Florida 60-43
GUAYNABO, Puerto Rico (AP)—Todd Brown scored 15 points and Wright State defeated South Florida on Sunday.
South Florida shot 27.1 percent from the field (13 of 48), including a 0-for-12 performance from Dominique Jones.
Wright State (5-7) scored nine unanswered points to brake away from a 9-9 tie with 13:46 left in the first half. The Raiders led 18-9 with 4:05 left in the first half on a John David Gardner jump shot.
The Bulls (4-6) were 4-for-21 in the first half, and trailed 21-14 at halftime of the San Juan Shootout.
The Raiders opened the second half with eight unanswered points, taking a 29-14 lead on a Todd Brown jump shot with 12:46 Left to play.
Jesus Verdejo scored 26 points for the Bulls, who shot 44.4 percent from the free-throw line (12 of 27).
Gardner added 11 for Wright State and N’Gai Evans scored 11.
- Wright State defeats South Florida 60-43
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?