Wagner beats Brown 78-66
NEW YORK (AP)—Jamal Smith scored 20 points and Joey Mundweiler added 19 to lead Wagner to a 78-66 victory Sunday.
Smith was 8-of-15 from the field and Mundweiler was 7-of-11 for the Seahawks (6-3), who shot 51 percent from the field (29-of-55), including 10-of-24 from 3-point range. Mundweiler, who had 15 points in the second half, was 5-for-9 from beyond the arc, while Smith was 2-for-6.
Matt Mullery had 18 points to lead Brown (4-6), which was 8-for-27 from 3-point range (29.6 percent).
Wagner took a 21-10 lead in the opening 12 minutes and went up 32-16 on a basket by Smith with 2:46 left in the first half. The Seahawks led 36-24 at halftime as the Bears shot just 28 percent from the field (8-of-28).
- Unlikely trick play gives NAIA team a buzzer-beating victory
- Wichita State favored as Missouri Valley Tournament begins
- No. 16 Purdue dances past Indiana for share of Big Ten crown
- No. 24 Iowa State holds off Oklahoma State 86-83
- Lee scores school record 50, E. Michigan beats C. Michigan
- Record night for Delgado sparks Seton Hall past Hoyas, 62-59