Penn State beats Lafayette 83-55
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP)—Stanley Pringle scored 17 points and Jamelle Cornley had 16 to lead Penn State to an 83-55 victory over Lafayette on Sunday.
Talor Battle contributed 11 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists as the Nittany Lions (10-2) shot 60 percent from the field. Cornley made seven of eight shots and Pringle was 8-for-11.
Jared Mintz led Lafayette (2-8) with 10 points.
Playing for the first time in eight days, Penn State made 20 of 31 shots— on 12 assists—in the second half. The Nittany Lions, who won their third straight game, outrebounded the Leopards 44-21 and scored 48 points in the paint to Lafayette?s 20.
Lafayette, which scored only 11 points in the final 10 minutes of the game, shot 36 percent from the field and made only eight of 36 3-point attempts.
- Penn State beats Lafayette 83-55
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0