Murray State beats Oral Roberts 78-76
GUAYNABO, Puerto Rico (AP)—Danero Thomas scored 16 points to lead five Murray State players in double figures in a 78-76 win against Oral Roberts on Sunday.
Ivan Aska and Donte Poole scored 12 points apiece, while Tyler Holloway and Isacc Miles poured in 10 each for the Racers (6-4).
The Golden Eagles (2-10) had four players in double figures, led by Marcus Lewis with 26 points. Robert Jarvis scored 15, Dominique Morrison had 13 and Kevin Ford chipped in with 11.
Murray State led 44-38 at halftime and held off a late charge by Oral Roberts to seal the win in the second game for both teams in the San Juan Shootout.
The Racers outrebounded the Golden Eagles 43-32.
Both teams were off from 3-point range, as the Racers hit 3 of 10 shots compared to a 6 of 21 mark for the Golden Eagles.
- Murray State beats Oral Roberts 78-76
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?